More sadness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skip Madness

Cycling News said:
Frederiek Nolf died in his sleep last night at the Doha Ritz-Carlton in Qatar, ahead of the fifth stage of the Tour of Qatar. The Belgian of Team Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator, who would have celebrated his 22nd birthday in five days, is believed to have suffered a heart attack.

Topsport will not start stage five from Al Kharaib track to Qatar's capital city, Doha. The remaining seven riders will ride to the start of the stage. The team announced it will also pull out of the Etoile de Bessèges, currently held in France.

Organiser Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) shortened the stage out of respect for Nolf. It will also be neutralised.
Seems fair enough.

Terrible news. It must be unusual for one to die so young of a heart attack. I feel for whoever discovered him.

There's been quite a number of sportsmen, football as well, where people have died of undiagnosed heart conditions. Very sad.

Mortiroloboy

How dreadfully sad,:biggrin::sad: so young, life's just not fair. Let us hope that some other person or substance was not instrumental in his untimely death.:biggrin::sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very sad.....

As a fat mate of mine says...."All this exercise is no good for you....I believe your heart only has a defined number of beats'..... hence he is fat !

Just hope there were no drugs, as this is common in EPO users !

CotterPin

Tragic news. His death reminded me of something in Cycling Weekly - and a little bit of digging has uncovered Cardiac risk in the young. A number of young athletes across different sports have suffered from an undetected heart abnormality which in some cases has proved fatal. Tragic but not sinister.

mondobongo

Über Member
Very sad news, looks like he had so much to look forward to.

jayce

it is very sad that someone so young a super fit ,my mate died on the rugby pitch at 26 he was as fit as they come its just so sad as it can happen at any time

Dave5N

Über Member
I have the occasional worry sesh about this with my own family. I don't hav the capability to force myself beyond my ability, but my son does. CRY doesn't work with U14s though.

Top Bottom