Most Mileage Without a Visit from the P Fairy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
This might be tempting fate, but have been riding for 2 years now without a puncture. Done 1,613 miles on one bike and 1,946 miles on the other. Just wondering what the highest mileage anyone has done without the dreaded P Fairy turning up?

Sods law is that I bought 10 Continental tubes on a deal and they have sat in the garage for 2 years, with 2 of them I my jersey pocket every ride. Just know that it will bite me when I decide not to bother carrying them! :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've had 3 punctures on this years commute compared to 1 last year and 4 in 2014.
This year I have had 1 leisure riding puncture.

si_c

Guru
Just coming up to a thousand miles since I got my bike roadworth on Rubino tyres, apart from a few nicks where I had to ride over glass from a smashed bus stop (grr) the tyres look good as new. Don't just stick to roads either, taken it down tow paths and forest tracks. To be honest, it's a good thing as they're a bugger to get on or off.

clf

I had every day last week, 1 the previous Friday and 1 the Thursday the week before, nothing so far this week, so in the last couple of weeks the most I've gone is 56 miles. Seriously testing my resolve.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I don't think I'd even remember how to change a tube it's been so long.
I've got a co2 inflator and never used it!

Sharky

Guru
Can we have an automatic block on any thread talking about punctures. I can't recall my last puncture, must have been a couple of years ago.

BUT, out this morning and punctured! Not only that, but my rubber solution had dried up, but fortunately I had some pre glued patches as well and got home no problem. However in the delay it allowed the rain to start and spoiled the last 3 miles home.

So no prompting the PF's

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't believe in fairies :smile:, so do the right thing and call a puncture a PUNCTURE, and it will leave you alone :okay:.
Cannot remember the last time I had a puncture, it must be at least 2 years ago - and at roughly 3500 miles per year that's not bad! It probably helps that 2 of my 3 bikes have Schwalbe Marathons fitted, and the other has some kind of Specialized Armadillos.

moo

None since switching to latex inner tubes 2,000 miles ago. My GP4000s tyres have 2 small slits in the back and look brand new up front. With normal inner tubes I'd be picking stones out every other day. A far more comfortable ride backed up by how well they deform and deflect debris.

U

User6179

I was on my 5th Specialized Armadillo before I got a puncture straight after saying how I have never had a puncture while using Armadillos ^_^, I can go 5000 miles without a puncture but then get a few close together , my worst was 7 in a week on Gatorskins .

U

User33236

I went through a phase a few years ago getting punctures every other ride. So much so I was seriously thinking about giving up!

Not had any in the last three years and 8,000 ++ miles.

Top Bottom