Motivation in the chill!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
:bicycle::angel:How do you all manage, if you do? to find the get up and go on a chilly weekend morning when all you want to do is snuggle in, read the papers, munch on a nice brekky then "footer about", lol, for the rest of the day?
Forecast for tomorrow up here not the best!
:cry:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Easy: work weekends, like I do, don't have a car, waiting ages for the bus feels way colder than cycling :laugh:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Own the right clothes- if you have the right kit that you can easily adjust for the conditions you shouldn't struggle- or cheat and move south, tomorrow afternoon is 14 degrees and sunny, bib shorts, short sleeve jersey and quality base layer and off you go.

screenman

Legendary Member
I think of the positives, I often do not enjoy the ride, I have though done enough of them to know I like the feeling afterwards.

Ern1e

Über Member
Easy: work weekends, like I do, don't have a car, waiting ages for the bus feels way colder than cycling :laugh:
I agree on this one @Pat "5mph" not only colder waiting but you never seem to get "warm" once you are on the bus(or so I found out last year on the only occasion I tried it) so @Mrs M having no car is all the motivation we have ! so it's either bus or bike ? no contest it just as to be !!!!

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
:rain:
I enjoy winter riding more than summer cycling; can't wait til it turns cold, wet and icy

Brr!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For commuting it's easy, it's just part of routine, I don't give myself that option and do it, usually finding it isn't as bad as I thought.

Non commuting journeys are much harder, it's far easier to let the lazy side of my brain whisper about staying nice and cosy inside. I need more of a purpose to get out!

Top Bottom