MTB Under £400 help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I have been looking for a while for the same thing and came up with the B'Twin RockRider 540 and after looking online this...

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-aizan-29er-mountain-bike-20

...has great reviews. I'm torn between these two.

OP
OP
Chrismawa

Chrismawa

Über Member
I have been looking for a while for the same thing and came up with the B'Twin RockRider 540 and after looking online this...

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-aizan-29er-mountain-bike-20

...has great reviews. I'm torn between these two.

Yeah I also saw the Aizan, but was unsure on the 29" wheels. In my local store the Aizan is the same price as the Hoodoo as well. I didnt think finding a bike would be this difficult!

Are BTWIN good bikes? As this is the first time I have heard of them.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I've got a B'Twin Alur 700 road bike. It is fantastic for the money it cost me (599). Really high spec also. Never had a MTB from them though and I'm not a MTB expert so not really sure which one is best.

I hear 29ers roll a bit better. I think which ever bike you chose they will be decent enough.

Red17

Veteran
I bought a Hoodoo last year as an introduction to mountain bikes and get on fine with it. I had a look at the rockriders and there wasn't much in it from what I could see - the Voodoo had slightly more fork travel which I always think is a good thing (right or wrong).

Not much between them IMO and - I went with the Hoodoo as I slightly preferred the look and feel of it, plus got 10% off through my British Cycling membership

I teat rode a hoodoo and rather liked it.
32 nipples?

dawn72

My husband bought a hoodoo last year and loves it. He had found some very good reviews on the bike and that led to him to test riding one.

My son bought the Voodo Aizan last year for just over £400, but it has just dropped below this figure. Whilst not light it has lockable forks, hydraulic brakes and 29er wheels. He tends to use this far more regularly than his Canondale Synapse. He said this is faster to ride than his previous Carerra mtb. If you don't mind orange its a lovely bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
Gut call says the VooDoo, as they've gained a truly stellar reputation as budget performers. In reality though you need to cock a leg over them to see which suits you best.

Top Bottom