MX5 Scammer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I am looking for an Mk1 MX5, I am in no rush but like to view locally, one came up within 5 miles so I messaged the seller asking for his location. He avoided answering me whilst bullshitting, then offered to meet me in central Leeds. Whilst we were messaging to and fro and I was trying to pin him down, I realised I was looking at pics of 2 different cars! Now it's 4 different cars!!:wacko:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-Eun...355303?hash=item282212e467:g:B64AAOSwCGVYBQ8J

Drago

Legendary Member
Cut out the middle man - I've a biscuit tin full of old nuts and bolts you can have for free ;)

Jenkins

Legendary Member
2nd pic shows a solid steering wheel boss, two other pics show a Momo badge instead. Wasn't there also a picture of a red car there at one point?

vickster

Legendary Member
It's not even the UK model

Try Pistonheads or an MX5 forum? Look through the sellers posting history if the latter. I'd rather buy such a car from an enthusiast even if it costs a bit more

T4tomo

Guru
Yes and picture 3 has a driver in it, but doesn't appear in any of the others.

Speaking of hair dressers I once mortally offended one of my satellite office employees on the first time I visited by walking in with the chap I knew there and asking "who drives the Suzuki X90, I need a haircut"

I noticed that but they all look like they've been taken at different times, so it could be some bits have been swapped over time.

Glenn

Veteran
The seller has a 0 rating and has only been a member since 14 Sept 16. Everyone has to start somewhere, but I would want a bit of history if spending a chunk of cash.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
It was 3 different silver cars and the interior shots are from a 4th, a red one, he's cropped the body from those now!

I bought one for MrsF, a Mk2 in 2008 and I think I drove it more than her, it was great fun. She wants pop up headlight model now.

Top Bottom