My Birdy rides again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I'm unfeasibly happy.

There may well be a late 2013 S3L Brompton with all paperwork, luggage block fitted and S bag coming up for sale in a couple of days.

Pics??

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
You prefer your Birdy to the Brompton? You might need to put a hard hat on before replying. :angel:
:smile:. I'm a recent Brommy convert and am smitten much more than I ever was but have ridden and loved Birdy's for a very long time and this one is my baby.

Ridden God knows how many miles since new in 2002 and even when it needed a major overhaul, including a worn out SRAM dualdrive, which made the Brommy worth buying, I couldn't bring myself to scrap it and have slowly got bits and bats and put it back together again. I got a cheap SA 5 speed hub/brake that I found was misadvertised as used-good condition after I'd built it into a wheel & it was cheap because it was irretrievably knackered, today I got the new internals fitted and working so all in I've paid 90% cost price for a new hub unit but it rides and stops lovely.

I've also had it from Metrolink people they're not going to be too fussed if I have a folded Birdy on the tram for bad knee days so a big reason for buying the Brommy after my hit and run is gone.

Also, sentimentality aside, I have 5 bikes inc 3 folders and don't need or have space for them all and the Brommy will get the most interest and the best price if I sell one on.

But basically I'm a heretic who shall burn in Andrew Ritchie hell forever ;)

Top Bottom