My home town

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yesterday we had a great day wandering around Coventry more on the retail side of things but still made time to have a look at both of the cathedral's.

I learnt that another Biggs was an ex bishop .

Could not find the peeping tom clock so that is on the cards for next visit.

WP_20150729_015.jpg
WP_20150729_006.jpg
WP_20150729_023.jpg
WP_20150729_027.jpg

Heifer73

My home town too. Peeping Tom is on the building with the clock behind your lady godiva photo. Lovely photos. On your next visit check out the motor museum, just had a reburb.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had a lovely weekend doing just the same.
stayed at Macdonald Ansty Hall..which was very nice, as was the food in the pub just up the road.

Heifer73

The Rose & Castle, down the road from the Ansty Hotel, is a very popular pub with Coventry folk. Some good roads for cycling around Ansty. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I found the street with the steel slabs telling you what buildings were there before the Blitz interesting. I think it's near the Herbert museum?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Coventry is one of "those" towns that I will always have a "never again" attitude towards.

All because I drove through it on a wet weekday winters afternoon at about 3pm in the early 1990's. I never stopped then....

Go on, tell me what I'm missing?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Id think same if we were discussing Bedford Dave
just booking a suit at the Langham London for my birthday..i love london but screw living there..
3 days in any one yr is quite enough..

D

Deleted member 1258

Coventry is one of "those" towns that I will always have a "never again" attitude towards.

All because I drove through it on a wet weekday winters afternoon at about 3pm in the early 1990's. I never stopped then....

Go on, tell me what I'm missing?

I came to Coventry in 1973 and I'm still here.

D

Deleted member 1258

My home town too. Peeping Tom is on the building with the clock behind your lady godiva photo. Lovely photos. On your next visit check out the motor museum, just had a reburb.

I went round the Motor Museum just after they had refurbished it and they've made a good job of it.

alicat

Legendary Member
Coventry is where the bicycle became a practical concept, thanks to the Starley brothers. There is a monument near the ringway.

upload_2015-7-31_7-26-32.png

Top Bottom