My longest so far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

creashor

Hi

Took the plunge today and just kept on pedalling. End up at 35 miles. The ride was beautiful this morning. Almost zero wind and mostly lovely sunshine.

https://www.strava.com/activities/184079617

Two issues got in the way of it being perfect:

Front disc calliper seems to have developed a rubbing/squeaking issue that could only be temporarily alleviated by squeezing the front brake, constantly slowing me down. Talk about a pain the the backside.

Second - my first clipless moment. In a single track road, close to finish, I slowed to allow a tractor to pass me. Unfortunately for me it was turning into the turn in which I had slowed down. Ended with me failing to unclip and sprawling all over the road. Of course it had to be in front of a queue of 3 other cars!

Despite that, it was a lovely ride and beat my previous best distance by 12 miles.

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
creashor

creashor

Sorry, could a mod move this into the Newbie Progress thread.

Thanks

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well done, 35 miles for your first long ride is very good. You will find it easy now up to that distance and even increase it without realizing. Keep pedalling.

OP
OP
creashor

creashor

Thanks for all your kind words. My sense if happiness from the ride has somewhat muted my unhappiness at my football team's current position at the bottom of the football league!

Cheers

Diz

Well Done!

Batgirl

In Disguise!
I just picked up a bike yesterday - needs some TLC before first ride.. but can see I'm gonna have to watch the pesky clipless moments! :shy:

Well done on your ride, sounds great!

OP
OP
creashor

creashor

I've fixed the squeaking (I hope!). I realigned the pads and it's done the trick. I must have hit a bump or something as it was tickety-boo for the first 10 miles.

Cheers

Top Bottom