My new(ish) Btwin Triban 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Unbelievable bargain bike of the year, IMHO (apart from the Cube Streamer 2011, at CRC).

Nice pics mate!! :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Here is mine in commuter mode with the clip on mudguards. I don't think they look too bad, the rack is another matter though :smile:
They look ok but i prefer guards that cover more of the wheel , i have just upgraded to crud 2`s as my front mech was getting reall grubby with all the muck coming off the back wheel.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Here is mine in commuter mode with the clip on mudguards. I don't think they look too bad, the rack is another matter though :smile:

Thanks, they look good for the price and easy to fit - sick of cleaning the road crud off it already... Next months purchase methinks.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Unbelievable bargain bike of the year, IMHO (apart from the Cube Streamer 2011, at CRC).

Nice pics mate!! :smile:

Thanks, I'm really glad I found it as I was going to spend up to £500 - the difference has paid for all the extra "stuff" that is ESSENTIAL (that's what I tell my wife!) that comes with a road bike!

winniedub

Thanks, I'm really glad I found it as I was going to spend up to £500 - the difference has paid for all the extra "stuff" that is ESSENTIAL (that's what I tell my wife!) that comes with a road bike!
I too bought a Triban 3 about 6 weeks ago,having previously had a BH Zaphire with Tiagra and a Trek1.1 (both got nicked!).There is no bike that comes near it for the money,much prefer it to my previous bikes,nice geometry and very good kit for the money.The only thing i'm changing is the saddle,a very well built bike I would highly recommend for anyone getting into road riding or returning to the sport.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I too bought a Triban 3 about 6 weeks ago,having previously had a BH Zaphire with Tiagra and a Trek1.1 (both got nicked!).There is no bike that comes near it for the money,much prefer it to my previous bikes,nice geometry and very good kit for the money.The only thing i'm changing is the saddle,a very well built bike I would highly recommend for anyone getting into road riding or returning to the sport.

You know we need some pics now don't you? I like to see what others have done with their Tribans and poach some ideas! I haven't got round to changing the saddle yet, all I've done so far is add weight - including me! I agree that as an entry level road bike it's hard to beat - but then I'm biased... :thumbsup:

Edwards80

Über Member
Was going to wait until my birthday in may to upgrade the wheels, but the retirement of a few spokes on the commute home have pushed it forward :s - Had the wheels trued a couple of weeks ago - I expect the wheels are where a chunk of the savings are made - will fix it eventually and keep it spare.

Bought some Mavic Aksiums and decided to fit the new tyres I had in waiting for when the old ones gave up. I only got the red ones because they were a quid cheaper . . Honest!

1200+ miles and still very happy with it :biggrin: It should be taking me on my first club ride on Sunday :hyper:

Piccy attached - a rare one without the pannier rack on it. (Red and Black Spoon Charge saddle added this week too, highly recommended. . assuming your buttocks are the same shape as mine)

Attachments

• tb3.jpg
    tb3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 155

lctm

Hi Edwards,
That looks great! So the Triban 3 has those little threads on the back fork to fit a rack? They don't show on the picture on the website. That's great though :smile:

spacecadet9

danielhpavey
Man, I so nearly bought one of these....

Bottled it at the last minute cos I've never heard of them

I got a raleigh airlite 100 instead - Pretty happy with it, but it cost a bit more than the Triban 3...

defy-one

spacecadet - any pics of your commuter.
i'm talking to a CC'er about his specialized flat bar, but if that's not suitable for my commuting - i think the Triban 3 is most likely at this stage. at £300 i don't mind leaving it locked up (with 2 d-locks) inside Paddington station (CCTV and lots of staff about).
just calculated my monthly mileage (company car scheme, i take the money) and i'm saving around £8 a day after buying my train ticket. (£8 x 5 days x 4 weeks =£160, not to mention mileage on my own car + wear/tear/tyres etc).
these are conservative savings, so a triban will have paid for itself in 2 months :wahhey:

Darren W

Hi guys enjoyed reading your posts, off tomorrow to go and pick my Triban 3 up. Currently riding the Btwin Rockrider 5.3 mtb. Wanting racer so can do the extra mileage, already recieved my Shimano R105 spd sl pedals and Shimano R087 shoes to go with them. Can't wait to get out on it and give it a blast. Think Btwin bikes are sound for the price they are even got my wife to buy mtb, she got the Rockrider 5.2 and she loves it. Kids are next to upgrade there little bikes to mtb. Will post again with pics when got bike set up and had a play on it, happy riding and be careful out there. :bicycle:

hanney

Wow, this looks like some sort Triban community, I want one just so I can join in!
|Going to Decathlon to look tomo. Was ready to buy an Orbea Aqua t23 for good on double the price, but reviews have been so good, the triban 3 might just win it. Is that foolish? Will be getting a much worse bike?!
Looking forward to seeing it.

Top Bottom