My new mate Nigel Dean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My latest addition is this 90's ?? Nigel Dean road bike . Its Reynolds 531c frameset and forks so fairly light and feels nice enough to ride at just over walking pace around the cul de sac !

Its equipped with original 105 running gear so must have been fairly costly when new

Its been hanging unused for last 5+ years in the previous owners garage so until it gets some tlc i didnt want to go to mad on its trial ride .

Its got a small dent in the top tube along with some crusty areas under the brake cable which i am hoping might clean up .

First job involved cutting through 1 of the the tri bar securing allen key headed bolts as it had no corners for the key to grip on , thankfully the pedals are not seized as well nor was the aero Campag seatpost .

Very little info on the net re Dean bikes so any help offered will be welcome

unsure if its a keeper or not yet wont know for sure till its had some tlc and miles

dean.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice.

I certainly know the name, as there were quite a few of his bikes around when I was racing.

DaveyA

Über Member
Just get rid of those pedals! That bar tape doesn't look like it's been cleaned for twenty years!

The bar tape looks about the same colour as mine did after a tramp pinched my bike xx(
I'm sure you will soon have it looking as it should.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very nice, I fitted the same transmission to my Carlton around then, yet to 'play up', just a couple of gear blocks/freewheels and a few chain and cable changes.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well the work started tonight and i think its going to need more of a clean than i first thought :sad:

rear mech and cassette de gunked chain given a clean loads more to do yet

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I often see posts where people are asking what is the best way to remove seized or partially seized stems, the stem was well and truly stuck but after 3 nights and several applications of Plusgas it has finally released.... Whoop whoop
WP_20141126_003.jpg

Top Bottom