My new RT-58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

The wait is finally over and my Planet-X RT-58 Ultegra arrived yesterday whilst I was at work.

Spent yesterday evening fitting pedals and bottle cages, changing the blue valve caps it arrived with to black, changing the saddle to my preferred Fizik, de-stickered the rims and swapping tyres over between two sets of wheels.

Got up early today and went for a ride. If it my first full carbon bike and tips the scales at a little over 8.2Kg. I love my Cannodale CAAD8 but the RT-58 feels so much more nimble and smoother :bicycle:

_MG_9710.jpg
_MG_9711.jpg
_MG_9712.jpg
_MG_9713.jpg
_MG_9714.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Cracking looking bike mate

NealM

Beautiful looking bike mate..
I'm currently saving for the Planet X Pro Carbon Shimano Ultegra 6800, as my first serious road bike. . . Planet X certainly seem to give a lot of "bang for your buck" don't they ?

OP
OP
U

User33236

They sure do and were great to deal with. Extremely helpful when I went over to their Barnsley store a few weeks ago to check out sizes.

Wow! Great looking bike! I just bought the aluminium version and that's awesome so I'm guessing the carbon version is something else!!!!

OP
OP
U

User33236

Wow! Great looking bike! I just bought the aluminium version and that's awesome so I'm guessing the carbon version is something else!!!!

It is the first proper ride I've had on a full carbon bike and the difference between this and my CAAD is just wow! Must have had a big stupid grin on my face all the way round :biggrin:

shortone

Nice bike matey,
Great fame with a fantastic groupset, the Ultegra 6800 is so silky smooth.

I'm the owner of a Planet X N2A and currently saving for an Exocet 2 TT/Triathlon bike from them.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Wonder it is possible you are mixing up the rubberised 'ears' on the bike stand as the dropouts don't look at all obvious (at least to me) on the pics.

OP
OP
U

User33236

I'd put the stickers back on the rims though - it will make them go faster. Fact

Between the two wheels I took a total of 16 stickers off. Was tempted for a moment to weigh them on one of the incredibly accurate balances at work..... then came to my senses and tossed them straight in the bin.

Top Bottom