My new RT-58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User33236

You're not wrong SG , I'm chomping at the bit already :smile:
Sat in the back garden with a beer in my hand & the Barbie going seems to be helping though :thumbsup: . Never thought about destrickering tbh but I might go for half the stickers to loose only half the speed;)

Just wait till you get the email with your build date. Bet you lose sleep till it arrives when you get that one^_^

nuttall1991

The deed is done fella's. ordered 1no RT 58 SRAM RIVAL in .........................................Matt black :wahhey: just the tiny matter of the 3 week wait for it to be built now . :smile:

Mine turned up in less than 3 weeks, think it was just over 2 weeks...

Er lower the seat.

hahaha

Martin p

Hiya chaps , just got back from my last ( hopefully ) trip darn sarf , looked at my e-mails , bike to be built on the Monday 28th July :dance:Just wondering wether to change the gatorskin tyre upgrade from 23mm to 25 mm . Did everyone stck with 23 mm? Better decide tomorrow , it's a bit late as it is now :smile:

OP
OP
U

User33236

I stuck 23 mm on mine. I did swap tyres from my 'good wheels' putting the continental ultras on them and the Duranos on the FSA wheels.

BigAl68

Über Member
I went with GP4000S on mine as the ones that came on the bike were pants. Stayed with 23mm as they were cheap from wiggle

OP
OP
U

User33236

Hey Martin, has the bike arrived yet?!
He's probably too busy out riding it lol.

Martin p

Ayup fella's. Been really busy with work again but the bikes not arrived yet . At this rate I'll never get chance to ride it anyway !
I got in touch with PX about changing the tyres but an e- mail reply said it was probably too late . I then got an e- mail saying that they hadn't got the chain set I'd ordered in 170 mm but had it in 172.5 mm. Trouble is my other bikes all run 170 mm cranks so I don't really want to risk changing . Offered to buy my own but haven't had a reply back yet . Will give it another day & get back in touch with them . I'll try to keep you posted as quick as I can , when I know you'll know ;)^_^

Martin p

Just a quick update fella's .
The bike has been built but has the wrong chainset on it , so I'm waiting , in the hope that the right one arrives at the end of the month . Mr I would be grateful of your opinion on the FSA chainset & brakes as I might go down that route if the SRAM parts don't materialise . Sorry to ask again but I don't know anyone else who might have them . Just started building a new home for the RT & me backs killing me :smile:

BigAl68

Über Member
What are they offering you in its place. I had my rt58 built with the slk light EVO 386. I love mine but then I liked the fact I had an idea of sticking the matching stem and seatpost on mine.

Top Bottom