My new RT-58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User33236

When you say the 'wrong chainset' what exactly is wrong?

Always best to get the bike the way you want it of course. Hope you get the bike delivered soon. I know the wait would be driving me nuts.

Martin p

Hiya BigAl , did you go for the FSA chainset by choice & did you go for the carbon seat post ?
Hiya SG , the standard bike comes with FSA chainset & brakes and so I asked if I could upgrade to full SRAM rival , to which the said yes in an e-mail . When it came to ordering the bike in store I was told that the chainset would be SRAM s350 in 170 mm . Then on the build day they said they only had 172.5 cranks . I replied that I would rather stick to 170 cranks as all my other bikes had them , to which I didn't get a repy .

OP
OP
U

User33236

They are a bit rubbish at replying to emails. Probably worth giving them a call or pop in and have a chat with them.

BigAl68

Über Member
They had a stock issue with the Ultegra chainset, surprise, surprise with planet x and I could wait a week or get the fsa in its place. I already had a mate with a new fsa slk seat post and was planning on buying it off him so I went for it as retail they were far more expensive, not saying any better though. I have got to say it's lovely and smooth plus they threw on a ceramic bb and the carbon spider and crank arms are nice with the matching seatpost and the stem I got off flea bay.

Martin p

You're not wrong SG , that's why I called in the Sheffield branch to see what my options were for chain sets ect . I was told that they we're having rival chain sets in towards the end of August so I said I'd rather wait .

Martin p

Not surprised by stock issues either BigAl . When I was in the Sheffield branch they assured me that the brakes were rival , but I'll be surprised if they are. I presumed both you & SG had Shimano kit that's why I only asked Mr Nuttall .

Martin p

I went for a FSA carbon seat post as an upgrade as well BigAl not sure if it's any better but i think it will look nice :becool: Lol . Just out of curiosity , was it the bb30 or the other type of btm bracket for your FSA chainset ?
To answer your question about driving you nuts SG , I'm used to waiting ^_^ .
Think I may have upset mr Nuttall
as he's not been back in touch :shy: Hope not .

BigAl68

Über Member
I have the BB386 version. I also can't really tell you that I noticed too much difference in the seatpost but it looks far nicer matching. ^_^

Martin p

I thought it would be BigAl , same as the bb that comes with the FSA chainset on the SRAM build . Have you seen what it would have cost to buy the set from PX now ? Wow :wacko: & that's without the ceramic bb :blink:

Martin p

Hiya all , just to let u know that I'm now the proud owner of a spanking black RT58 having picked it up on Sunday . First impressions are that it looks amazing , although I've hardly sat on it properly never mind riden it . Hoping to get out for a quick blast on sunday , work permitting & my road shoes arrive :smile:

BigAl68

Über Member
Hiya all , just to let u know that I'm now the proud owner of a spanking black RT58 having picked it up on Sunday . First impressions are that it looks amazing , although I've hardly sat on it properly never mind riden it . Hoping to get out for a quick blast on sunday , work permitting & my road shoes arrive :smile:

Photos please

Martin p

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hiya all , took a few snap of the RT After my epic 15 minute first ride . Nearly got blown over a couple of times , but she rides like a dream . Love the SRAM levers already .

BigAl68

Über Member
Glad you have your new bike and have been out for a ride at last. You just need to get a black saddle as IMO the white one isn't quiet going with the rest of the bike. You should pick up a matching stem to go with the crank and seatpost also, I think I got one off flee Bay for 25 pounds. Makes the bike look nice with the same red k on the matching parts.

Top Bottom