My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
On Sunday I went to Rouken Glen Park to watch the first CX race to be held there. It was bloody freezing but everyone still had a great time.

Here's one of the few who didn't get off and push up this steep climb:

CXRoukenGlen.jpg

GC

Dave 123

Legendary Member
image.jpg

Churchill College, Cambridge.

I got out today and decided to go up the top of Ramsbottom and then into Bolton and home. As I left Bury and climbed up above Rammy, the ice and slush on the road was getting worse and worse, so I decided rather than drop down into Ramsbottom, I would go back the way I came and stick to the main roads.

DSCN2231_zpsc4e48082.jpg

Thats peel tower in the distance, it didnt look so small from where I was standing!

DSCN2232_zps6151dbde.jpg

DSCN2233_zps1f7b4330.jpg

The pics make it look a lot darker than it actually was!

That first picture with the church in the background is a competition winner. Absolutely stunning shot.

Why thank you, I'm quite chuffed with it myself to be honest and it was only taken on my biking pocket camera with a little bit of sharpening/editing.
It's my current desk top photo and the more I look at it the more details I see like the snow covers roofs and dry stone walls covered in snow. The part cloud inversion adds another dimension to it as well

16122421488_e8537df31e_c.jpg
View down from Rivington's Tower by Johnclimber, on Flickr

Last edited:
River Crossing Today x2
Ferry & Cable Car.....There was an Orange Object in the sky...but still Cold although cable car was the warmest crossing.

16159009690_afc4a6a2be_c.jpg

16320563676_eca8fe563f_c.jpg

16320563656_29495d08e4_c.jpg

Top Bottom