My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I would love to, seriously. And we have looked into it but the only Scottish office that my husband's work have is in the centre of Glasgow and well finding anything within cycling distance that is suitable for me to stay sane in is nigh on impossible! We have even looked at the train times from here but we can't get him into the office before 11:30am from Rannoch Station! I suspect that that is too late really!
What about the Auchterarder area. Still quite rural and trains from Gleneagles to Glasgow.

A day without words...

IMG_1294b.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We are thinking of moving somewhere quiet and with a slower pace of life as both my wife and I have taken early retirement. I have to ask, are the midges a problem in Perthshire? My wife is very sensitive to insect bites.
No, not too bad around here but not sure about where Emma was. Perhaps the water may attract them more.

No, not too bad around here but not sure about where Emma was. Perhaps the water may attract them more.
Wasn't a problem on loch Rannoch, buy we were not immediately on the water front and the location is not exactly sheltered. I do know someone 'around the corner' (aka 3 miles away in a sheltered damp corner) who does the gardening in a full midge suit! But that really is the location of the house and cutting the grass disturbs them all!

22291002521_49cebce9ac_z.jpg

1st 20 miles from this morning I was acting as Dave and Andy's Cyclo Cross Lands End to John O'Groats lead out man, but I was struggling a little when you see my next photo of the bike I was on, at least I didn't slow them down.

21657766494_56d3c7334a_z.jpg

A very quiet day on the beach with a tail wind to help.
55 miles this morning topping off a 130mile 3 day's of riding :smile:

Top Bottom