My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
post-18246-0-48811700-1448121823.jpg

Not great quality (sorry) but I hadn't been for a blast on my Tim Gould before so took it for a bash round a couple of local bridleways. The picture is where I rode into a boggy bit but not quickly enough to get out the other side so just came to a stop! Bike too small for me but actually better for this sort of riding as I can bail off much quicker.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Nice ride along the Ettrick valley in the moonlight on sunday.

DSCF9474_2.jpg
DSCF9476_2.jpg

Just a local-ish potter for a couple of hours, after a 'XC' run this morning (out @ 08:00), & some Ackworth photographs

The Millstone, as the village is entered, from the north-west, along Doncaster Road (A638, from Wakefield)
MillStone cutting was a very big concern in the village for many years
Rides. Ackworth. 1.JPG

A lovely cast mile-post, that I didn't notice for several years of running around the village, with my Club
It was only due to the defoliaging, & waiting for a re-group on that corner, that I initially saw it
Ackworth. MileStone. 2.JPG

Only 10 miles, to the big purple Dinosaur......................
Ackworth. Barnsley Road. MileStone. 1.JPG

Priory Cottage, one of the many listed houses, in the village
Ackworth. Priory Cottage.JPG

Eden Place, aka 'The Tram House' (due to the shape)
Ackworth. Eden Place. 1.JPG

A lovely cast mile-post, that I didn't notice for several years of running around the village, with my Club
It was only due to the defoliaging, & waiting for a re-group on that corner, that I initially saw it
View attachment 111583
Digressing ever so slightly, the reasons I know the village so well;

1. My wife has an office on the outskirts of the village, but arguably the next village (hamlet?) along
2. Our daughter attends a School in the village
3. I wear one of these (or a club t-shirt)
2014. Withins. 1.JPG

Centenary Bridge, over the Aire, Leeds

Top Bottom