My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
^^^ lovely! I'm planning on heading out on a similar route tomorrow, hopefully the weather will hold!
Given the lack of Alps in these parts, Mamhead is one of the better alternatives round here, and it makes a change for me to head west. And though I'm not a great fan of bike paths, the Exe Estuary Trail is a fabulous addition to Devon cycle infrastructure.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Maybe it's just my legs, but feels like there're plenty of Devon Alps around when I go out riding! Riding up onto Dartmoor from Bovey Tracey is a good old climb if you're looking for a challenge (up to Hay Tor and on to Moretonhampstead).

simon.r

Person
MrsR and a friend. Not planned^_^

image.jpeg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Maybe it's just my legs, but feels like there're plenty of Devon Alps around when I go out riding! Riding up onto Dartmoor from Bovey Tracey is a good old climb if you're looking for a challenge (up to Hay Tor and on to Moretonhampstead).
Different sort of climbing - Devon tends to do shortish and punchy, which is fun, but I think I prefer Alpine-type climbs of 45-minutes+ on steady gradients. Yes, Haytor is a challenge, I'll grant you.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Surely you'd ride to the bottom of the garden and back again wouldn't you?!
I'd have had to do it about 150 times... it's just a patio. And I quite liked leaving the ride short, bizzarely.

ChrisEyles

Guru
@briantrumpet here's my snap from Mamhead yesterday - never actually done that climb before but it's a nice one, will definitely be going up there again.
2016-05-04 17.46.17.jpg

Stopped off at the Anchor in Cockwood for a quick drink and a chat with some holidayers. Everyone was very friendly and cheerful in the beer garden, must have been the lovely weather :smile:

2016-05-04 18.28.16.jpg

Finally here's one from this evening before a quick blast around Plymbridge wood's mountain bike trails. I think the giant beetle is probably equally graceful on the bike as I am on the way down the red descent ;)

2016-04-26 17.26.06.jpg

Top Bottom