My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Barnstaple Pannier Market... I'll be playing off-stage trumpet in a Verdi Requiem here this afternoon

wp-1467545397635.jpg

And now with noise...

img_20160703_1329531.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A bit breezy but a lovely 44 mile ride out.
Opium farming near Ulleskelf!
And the back lanes near Church Fenton.

View attachment 133805
And the back lanes near Church Fenton.
On a similar vein, just to the south-west of Ravensthorpe, over the River Calder, there's a Granny Lane (any relation to DC Lane??), that name also describes the gearing that some may require to climb it

Whilst you're out that way, Spiderweb, have ever noticed the wonderfully named 'PigHil Nook Lane' along the road from Hillam, towards Gateforth?

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
On a similar vein, just to the south-west of Ravensthorpe, over the River Calder, there's a Granny Lane (any relation to DC Lane??), that name also describes the gearing that some may require to climb it

Whilst you're out that way, Spiderweb, have ever noticed the wonderfully named 'PigHil Nook Lane' along the road from Hillam, towards Gateforth?
I haven't but will keep my eyes peeled next time I'm riding that way.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This is a photo of my good friend , Nev, and his family. Last year Nev had a hip replaced and then discovered he had cancer. He went through Chemo, keeping everyone happy and then got the all clear. Last week he was told the cancer had come back and was inoperable and they gave him less than a year. Within a couple of days Nev had booked a holiday to Disneyland in Florida. As you can see by the photo he is suffering. But obviously not as much as his wife and kids. This is typical of his spirit and I hope its like this till the end.

13599770_10154393666314665_3504473031873574946_n_zpsrjiymtd6.jpg

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Another climby day here in Málaga... This time I headed to a place called Tolox... Is a route that I really enjoy taking because the amount of traffic is low..

Then when you get off the main route (that is already low traffic) you get into the road that brings you to the town itself... Crossing the whole town takes about 10 minutes if that...(you are already climbing here) and then you hit the base of a 4 km long climb...

The best part of climbing is that when you finally get to the top you can enjoy the views and that feeling of "I did it" that stays with you for a while..

13512070_10154983369829616_1303689086852892770_n.jpg

Sexy hairpins?

I haven't but will keep my eyes peeled next time I'm riding that way.

Sorry, actually 'PigHill Nook ROAD'
Photo;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...63328881.1073741850.1601508436&type=3&theater

Top Bottom