My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
another flooded road pic ..this mornings ride.
tumblr_n0dlaqLDYC1sv3r9no1_1280.jpg
that must make finding a good route a bit tricky

Dry, more or less, today, but a tad breezy on the Blackford Bypass, and the N+1 again.
blackford bypass.jpg

OP
OP
bigjim

bigjim

Legendary Member
I got out!

At last , the weather improves, there is no rain, sun's shining but it's freezing cold. So wrap up and I'm out on the bike for my usual 23 mile circuit

I soon warm up and head through the packed park and up into the hills. The two week lay-off is starting to tell even though I've been doing a bit of running and fast walking. The hills always tell you whether you are fit or not. In my case not! I cross the railway bridge and hear the train. The steam train! I rarely see it. So off with the bike gloves off, dig the camera out. Hell! It's setting off backwards. Missed it! Well nearly.
12269451114_785e5e8818_b.jpg

Oh well. Perhaps next year.

Another couple of miles and they've closed the road. What would you do? Go round. No don't think so. Neither do I. Straight through. There's nothing there and it's a luxury to ride on an empty road.
12269163083_8c3ea34a62_b.jpg

I'm now dropping down into a bit of a dual carriageway. A stream of traffic flows past me and then I'm aware of a Black 4X4 driving to close. Suddenly as he passes he swerves the back end of his vehicle into the front of my bike. Luckily I somehow stopped pedaling and swerved to the left [I had a feeling]. he missed my front wheel by a couple of inches. he then roars off into the other lane and away into the distance.
Why would anybody do that. Sometimes the human race.......?
Anyway no use fretting over it. It'll spoil the ride. Go for my banana stop and calm down. Easy ride from here but against a strong wind. Once again somebody in a big Volvo estate runs too close. but it's not deliberate, just ignorant. I catch him up at a red light. He's busy on the phone. he has three kids in the car with him. Crazy! He's that busy that he's still sat there as the lights change and I'm away. I look back. He's still there. He's too lost in the phone.

Ah well back home with 23 miles under the belt. Bit of luck, I may get the same tomorrow. Miles that is, not the same bad experiences.

inkd

A blustery but clear day overlooking Southampton docks from Calshot marsh. My first proper tailwind today on the outskirts of the forest and beat my top speed record :thumbsup:
WP_20140207_001.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi. This is the first time I have posted here although I do regularly have a look at the beautiful photos that you all post. I hope you don't mind, but my pics are from a while ago. I don't want to make people even more sick of the weather by showing floods and general mayhem, so I have a few photos taken of my land. One is of an oak tree which is
only about 40 feet from my house, and a couple are of a stream that runs through my property. I hope you like them.

Attachments

• 20131110_104248.jpg
    20131110_104248.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20131110_104445.jpg
    20131110_104445.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20131110_104326.jpg
    20131110_104326.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom