My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wait4me

Veteran
The traffic shows why I prefer to avoid the A17 and stay on local roads.

traffic.JPG

Plus on those local roads you meet very interesting characters

IMG_1702.JPG

Adam1965

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
English Electric Lightning? had an Airfix kit of it as a kid, was lucky enough to see one fly at an airshow, they would do near vertical climbouts, amazing sight and sound.

We built some good aircraft...........

Yes we did indeed build some great aircraft,here's a few more pictures for you, apologies for the poor quality, some idiot had his finger over the lens :blush:, they have done a great job at Cosford in the way they have the aircraft displayed, this is how I remember the Lightning from the many air shows I attended as a boy, going straight up!, if you get a chance to go its free entry and only £3.50 to park all day!

That Rb211 engine is huge!

Last edited:

Sara_H

Guru
Me and Betty went for a pootle up the Monsal Trail and back. This was taken during the Diet Coke break.

B0260B90-3C3E-4B8D-AE87-5A7B6F9055E0_zpslrhmrlhk.jpg

Yes we did indeed build some great aircraft,here's a few more pictures for you, apologies for the poor quality, some idiot had his finger over the lens :blush:, they have done a great job at Cosford in the way they have the aircraft displayed, this is how I remember the Lightning from the many air shows I attended as a boy, going straight up!, if you get a chance to go its free entry and only £3.50 to park all day!

That Rb211 engine is huge!

Been Cosford a few times when the R/C model show is on, always take a look around the hangers, the TSR2 always impresses me.

Top Bottom