My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes but only once removed from worms, slow-worms etc. xx(
Can't they eat grain/seed and avoid the invertebrates?

Not if you let them out to roam free. once They are out of the enclosure and roaming around, they will eat worms, slugs, flies, bugs, lizzards, and slow worms along with lots of other things. They also like certain fruits. Mine like bananas. Even if you keep them in an enclosuee, there will be bugs they can and will find and eat.

and they eat grains and corn as well as the above.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Not if you let them out to roam free. once They are out of the enclosure and roaming around, they will eat worms, slugs, flies, bugs, lizzards, and slow worms along with lots of other things. They also like certain fruits. Mine like bananas. Even if you keep them in an enclosuee, there will be bugs they can and will find and eat.

and they eat grains and corn as well as the above.

When I kept Orpingtons I used to feed them the mice that I caught in the shed. They would swallow them whole, like an owl would. But before this there would be a riotous 5 minutes of squabbling and chasing!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
When I kept Orpingtons I used to feed them the mice that I caught in the shed. They would swallow them whole, like an owl would. But before this there would be a riotous 5 minutes of squabbling and chasing!

They do that with slow worms. If one catches one, they all run round trying to grab it off the one who has it. It's quite funny watching them chase the one round.

Tom67

Little reward after hard ride
DSC_0946.jpg

Top Bottom