My sons 10th birthday/first road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
We got our son a road bike for his 10th birthday, a Dawes Espoir 16'' frame with 26'' wheels. He was absolutley over the moon with it, he had the biggest smile on his face i've ever seen! We also got him a wedgie bag filled with the usual stuff a cyclist needs and a cycle computer. Nanny has bought him a helmet, bottle cage and bottle. I took him out for 20 mins, and he is getting the feel of the bike o.k, just getting used to the gears, brakes, different riding position. We are going out properly in a while once nanny has been round.

attachicon.gif
P1010003.JPG
attachicon.gif
P1010026.JPG
attachicon.gif
P1010032.JPG
attachicon.gif
P1010037.JPG
attachicon.gif
P1010043.JPG
attachicon.gif
P1010042.JPG

[attachment=398:P1010037.JPG][attachment=397:P1010032.JPG][attachment=396:P1010026.JPG]

[attachment=395:P1010003.JPG][attachment=399:P1010043.JPG][attachment=400:P1010042.JPG]

Dags11

We got our son a road bike for his 10th birthday, a Dawes Espoir 16'' frame with 26'' wheels. He was absolutley over the moon with it, he had the biggest smile on his face i've ever seen! We also got him a wedgie bag filled with the usual stuff a cyclist needs and a cycle computer. Nanny has bought him a helmet, bottle cage and bottle. I took him out for 20 mins, and he is getting the feel of the bike o.k, just getting used to the gears, brakes, different riding position. We are going out properly in a while once nanny has been round.
[attachment=385:P1010003.JPG][attachment=386:P1010026.JPG][attachment=387:P1010032.JPG]
[attachment=389:P1010037.JPG][attachment=390:P1010043.JPG][attachment=391:P1010042.JPG]

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nice bike but the seat's too low and you need to twist those handlebars forwards a bit, the brake hoods need to be more or less horizontal.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike