My Wardrobe clear-out begins !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Any others done this ??
For some time I have been aware that my wardrobes & drawers are getting more & more crowded.
I am now well retired so have no use for many of the 'dress clothes' I wore for work e.g. suits, dress shirts & ties etc.
I also developed the habit (probably like many people) of buying new but not getting rid of the old.
So.............
On the basis that a) if not worn for 12 months it goes & b) if, when wearing it, it doesn't make me feel good.........its history.
1) Tee shirts. Out went 25 :eek:. Some I looked at and thought "that is quite nice" but then asked myself "when did you last wear it"
2) Dress shirts....out went 10
3) Trousers (smart & casual) 5 pairs.
Tomorrow I start on socks........they must multiply as I have a drawer full. Then onto my more casual stuff like wet weather stuff, golfing gear and yes some cycling gear (not much as I only been cycling 3 years).
I feel LIBERATED !!!!!!.
Everything went to the Heart Foundation so hopefully it will do someone some good.

Socks breed like rabbits. Mostly twins, but sometimes not.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I don't have this problem. My wife does it for me: I look for something one day so I ask my wife where it is and I get: " oh, I took it to the charity shop" without even consulting me first.

colly

Re member eR

Attachments

• .png
    .png
    20.6 KB · Views: 33

speccy1

Any others done this ??
For some time I have been aware that my wardrobes & drawers are getting more & more crowded.
I am now well retired so have no use for many of the 'dress clothes' I wore for work e.g. suits, dress shirts & ties etc.
I also developed the habit (probably like many people) of buying new but not getting rid of the old.
So.............
On the basis that a) if not worn for 12 months it goes & b) if, when wearing it, it doesn't make me feel good.........its history.
1) Tee shirts. Out went 25 :eek:. Some I looked at and thought "that is quite nice" but then asked myself "when did you last wear it"
2) Dress shirts....out went 10
3) Trousers (smart & casual) 5 pairs.
Tomorrow I start on socks........they must multiply as I have a drawer full. Then onto my more casual stuff like wet weather stuff, golfing gear and yes some cycling gear (not much as I only been cycling 3 years).
I feel LIBERATED !!!!!!.
Everything went to the Heart Foundation so hopefully it will do someone some good.
I`ve got to do this, I`m looking forward to it when to autumn/winter starts

I`m 40 in December, and my wardrobe is still full of all the named sports kit that I bought as a teenager, some of it still unworn, also dozens of shirts that I never wear, along with numerous other crap!! I`m looking forward to shifting the entire lot, I sure will never wear any of it again, and will gain loads of space, it`s a winner all round

speccy1

I`ve got to do this, I`m looking forward to it when to autumn/winter starts

I`m 40 in December, and my wardrobe is still full of all the named sports kit that I bought as a teenager, some of it still unworn, also dozens of shirts that I never wear, along with numerous other crap!! I`m looking forward to shifting the entire lot, I sure will never wear any of it again, and will gain loads of space, it`s a winner all round
My cycling wardrobe, in the back bedroom, is crammed to bursting, and NONE of that is going:laugh::laugh::laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sitting here in a t shirt that must be at least a decade old, I've been meaning to do this with the help of my wife & two daughters ("Chuck it!" "No" "No" "God, that's awful.")...my only fear being that I'll end up with two pairs of socks and a jumper.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I don't have many clothes.

I have climbing kit, hiking kit, cycling kit, work kit and slobbing around the house kit. Some kit is multi-discipline too. :smile:

Apart from my much younger years I have never been much into fashion. When I was an avid careerist I had plenty of suits, shirts and ties etc but that was years back now and they've all gone.

Currently wearing a Berghaus fleece that I bought in the mid-90's on a trip to Fort William, a highly breathable Montane t-shirt and some North Face lightweight fleece walking trousers. Pretty much my standard dress.

Most people in our village are 'outdoorsy' types and wear similar.

It is very rare that I need to have a 'clear out' - when things do go it's because they are knackered.

Top Bottom