MySQL Fun :)

Shaun

Founder
Some of you will no doubt have noticed the server has been offline for a few hours.

I suspect MySQL is the culprit and have increased the number of open connections to it to see if it improves things.

Time will tell ;)

Er whats a MySQL? and yes I did:angry:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Looks like there are still problems so don't be surprised if the server disappears at any time this evening!

Cheers,
Shaun

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Admin said:
Looks like there are still problems so don't be surprised if the server disappears at any time this evening!

Cheers,
Shaun

These are desparate times, and they call for desparate measures. I may even be forced to ..... ride..... my...... bike. A poor substitute, I know.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
..and on a more serious note, I'm up all night writing a user guide for an enterprise architecture tool, so I sympathise with all IT slaves out there tonight. <bumlick>All your efforts are much appreciated, Mr Admin</bumlick>
"IT - hardest game in the book. 40 years, man and boy"

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
John the Monkey said:
We have a few instances at work, although we're mostly Oracle.
Mostly Oracle for the business apps only, me thinks.... I have put at least 20 MySQL databases on the central service in the last year or so for projects done in PHP. Now if only the damned users would forget about them and I could get on with .Net and SQL server rather than playing around. ;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Mostly Oracle for the business apps only, me thinks.... I have put at least 20 MySQL databases on the central service in the last year or so for projects done in PHP. Now if only the damned users would forget about them and I could get on with .Net and SQL server rather than playing around. :biggrin:

Oh no! :ohmy: The .SQLServer/Oracle/MySQL .NET/ASP/PHP debate!!! This is going to Soapbox, you mark my words!;)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
bonj said:
might of known bloody linux-based tree-hugging hippies are to blame:rolleyes:;)

Yeah, bastards! They don't even pay for licences, and then they expect all their hardware to work. And its a true fact that all linux users jump red lights.

Christ I'm tired.

Top Bottom