N+1 almost became N+2 today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So as it's my yearly n+1 day I thought I would treat myself to a new bike, because n+1 never killed anyone. Don't need a new road bike, got a sweet one that's great, don't need new xc, fr, jump or dh bikes, got those and love and abuse them all (although living in Houston the dh bike doesn't get much action).
So something for nipping to the shops, pub, restaurant or even work ( or even even doing a 180 mile charity ride on next year).
So I get a new Electra Ghostrider cruiser, 'cos you're never too old for something stupid...

20130924_123419_HDR.JPG

... switched out the pedals and handle bars and I love how it rides. Saddle's ok, and I may switch that out for a Brooks. Going to fit a rack and panniers to allow for portage of beer and life's essentials.

BUT!!!!!!

While in the store, I saw, one of these amongst the trikes in stock...

f84d217853d263e771f2d4ffc4c6fcef_XL.jpg

... and it took an almighty amount of restraint not to buy it. I've semi-promised myself that if it's still in the store come Xmas, the beast is mine.

So back home for cup't'cha, while I decide which pub I'm going to ride to, to test out the new cruiser.

D

Deleted member 23692

I'm not a fan of trikes but that Ghostrider is bloody lovely :becool:

OP
OP
marzjennings
How much is that recumbent?

Some guy on a viking looked at my wheels today.:tongue:

Just over $4600 here in the states, but I don't know how much they go for back home in the UK. I guessing a bit cheaper as they're built in Cornwall.

I didn't mention that the biggest reason I want to buy an ICE trike was because I used to work for Peter Ross in Redruth, when he first starting making his trikes and recumbents. Bought back a whole bunch of memories from 'druth days.

Top Bottom