Nasty Accident at Richmond Circus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.richmondandtwickenhamtim...lifted_to_hospital_after_lorry_crash/?ref=rss

QUOTE: A cyclist was airlifted to hospital after a collision with a lorry in Richmond this morning, July 21.
The London Ambulance Service (LAS) was called just before 8am to the accident in Kew Foot Road, near Richmond Circus. A spokesman for LAS said: “We sent one ambulance crew, London’s Air Ambulance, the Hazardous Area Response Team and a duty officer.
“Staff treated a man, reported to be in his 30s, for a head injury.
“He was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital.”

Always horrible to hear such accounts but when it happens on a bit of road you use regularly it really brings it home, so to speak. Poor chap was described as being in a critical condition earlier on - thoughts with him and his family...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just been on the local ITV news report

Di Di

"A 32-year-old man, who was driving the car, was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and had been bailed until September."

Blimey. Every day is a school day. When I did my nurse training, death and serious injury were two different things.

Hope the doc signed his serious injury certificate correctly.

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
It was near here.
http://www.richmondlcc.co.uk/2013/0...ll-the-most-dangerous-cycle-lane-in-richmond/

If the death was due to the layout problems referred to, then I think Lord True* has something to answer for.

*yup, the mayor of Richmond upon Thames is Lord True.
You have to be so careful cycling on that stretch - hobson's choice of a terrible cycle lane or the dual carriageway (30mph by there, but everyone thinks its 40 so they drive at 50). I've complained directly to the council regarding very unsafe facilities and was met with the rather alarming answer tat sub-standard facilities are better than nothing.

Top Bottom