National Championships 2015 Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was especially pleased for Lizzie Armitstead after her ToB mishap a couple of weeks ago.

And I don't think I've ever seen Cavendish perform as well as that, completely outside of his usual race conditions. It was an eye opener for me.

screenman

Legendary Member
The atmosphere at the event was brilliant, I hope that the sound system suppliers waive their fee or give it to a local charity.

raindog

er.....
Kennaugh-Cavendish-630x400.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is this online anywhere Rich?
No idea ilb. Basically, he said he hopes he's doing the tour this year but it still rankles that he was. overlooked last time. He said it showed that the team had a lack of trust in him.
I may be reading too much into it but coupled with past rumours of transfer gossip...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Lampre trump them with five national champions jerseys - road race for Costa (Portugal), Grmay and the 21yo neo-pro Pibernik (Slovenia), TT for Grmay and Oliveira (Portugal).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I didn't understand why Rowe wouldn't work with Cavendish when they were chasing. Was his plan to get Cav to tow him back to the leaders and save energy?

Why wasn't Kennaugh wearing the national jersey? Is it a traditional thing? Does he cease to be champion when the race starts?

I remember Nicole Cooke complaining about team tactics in national champs a few years ago, but I'm not sure what the rules are. Was Rowe deliberately trying to get Cavendish to use up his energy to benefit his Sky team mates? Seems a bit rough on poor ickle Cav who was all on his lonesome Belgian ownsome surrounded by evil Sky droids.

Top Bottom