Natural Selection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
How about you auction 1 off for charidee. :blush:

I'll start the bidding at £2.00

OP
OP
Wolf04

Wolf04

Sorry guys all gone, two mates (so called) were round earlier and nicked two each and I'm half way through my last one as I write. However the idea of a charitible donation sounds good so I'll stick a fiver in the MacMillan cancer charity box at work.
Of course this means I've only got Kronenberg left now.

Aquired not nicked!

Strangely I did not know how much of a Darwin supporter I was until last Sunday.
On Radio 2 some vicar said of Darwins work to establish the age of the Earth ".. it is still only a theory.." as if the seven day idea still was in with a chance of being proved right!

gavintc

Guru
Over The Hill said:
Strangely I did not know how much of a Darwin supporter I was until last Sunday.
On Radio 2 some vicar said of Darwins work to establish the age of the Earth ".. it is still only a theory.." as if the seven day idea still was in with a chance of being proved right!

Alarming to read that only 39% of Americans believe in evolution and that the film of Darwin and his work will not be released there as it would be deemed to radical. They really are still stuck in the religious dark ages. Sad, that religion can close minds so effectively.

Over The Hill said:
The "only a theory" thing is often trotted out, especially by the religous right-wing in the US. But, in scientific terms, a theory is a hypothesis that has been tested and found to be correct. If Darwin's ideas were "only a hypothesis", they'd have grounds for complaint, but as a theory it's made numerous testable predictions which have been tested and found to be consistent.

And the age of the Earth has been measured by lots of different means and they've all come up with a broadly similar number.

[/science lesson]

Top Bottom