England : London Need a 15 mile route from Catford.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Catford train station will take out to the wilds of Kent within 15 mins
True. I rarely start and finish rides at home. I normally ride out early in the morning and head to the Weald of Kent and the Downs and return by train from Hayes or Sevenoaks. But that's for 100km rides. I'm not sure it's worth the faff getting a train for a 50km ride.

OP
OP
R

ragun

Regular
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Yeah I don't like the idea of paying for a train ticket to go for a ride.

I also wanted to say that I'll be cycling between 5 and 7 in the morning, don't know if that makes a difference when it comes to routes.
I also don't mind if I have to ride in a circle i.e. doing a 3 mile loop 10 times.

Zojam

You could always cycle up to Downe Via Bromley and Keston. There's a nice coffee stop in Downe called Cake and also Charles Darwins house plus lots of nice country lanes.

RedRider

Pulling through
I'll be joining the Catford posse (or is it Honor Oak or Brockley) when I move into a Blythe Hill flatshare next weekend. It's a patch of SE London I'm not that familiar with.
Will be slightly quicker into the north Kent downs!

Zojam

I'll be joining the Catford posse (or is it Honor Oak or Brockley) when I move into a Blythe Hill flatshare next weekend. It's a patch of SE London I'm not that familiar with.
Will be slightly quicker into the north Kent downs![/QUOTE
Some lovely countryside right on your doorstep. I was brought up in Honor oak and know Blythe hill very well.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If you're looking for a club to join in the area, I can recommend Bigfoot in Hayes. They have a really wide range of rides and are a nice bunch. I'm a member but I don't ride with them much as I'm not very clubby, but their Saturday rides can be a good incentive for getting out of bed in the winter. There are others more local, they all struck me as a bit more racy (I could be wrong though).

Top Bottom