Need to find widget, don't know what it's called

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've got an old bike with a typical pinch-bolt system for clamping the seat pin, usual thing- slot in the frame, couple of ears with holes in and a bolt to tighten. This bike gets used by Ms P and I to go to the shops/ pub etc. and I get fed up of looking for a spanner every time I want to use it so I want to get a 'quick release'. I know you can get such a thing- some older folders have them- but what would it be called?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quick release seatbolt. You can get them as my MTB is old school and it had one until I changed it for a security type bolt.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Beware - it will make it easier for the scrotes of this world to nick the saddle! Why they want a saddle I don't know, but I've had just a saddle stolen.

So as well as putting a cable though the front wheel and the frame, it might be useful to also get one that can go through one of the rails on the saddle if you lock it up anywhere.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Beware - it will make it easier for the scrotes of this world to nick the saddle! Why they want a saddle I don't know, but I've had just a saddle stolen.

So as well as putting a cable though the front wheel and the frame, it might be useful to also get one that can go through one of the rails on the saddle if you lock it up anywhere.

You ought to see my saddle! I'd be pleased if someone nicked it. The convenience of not having to find a spanner greatly outweighs the small chance that it might be removed. The front and rear wheels are attached with nuts so I just throw a really short cable lock into the basket. Perhaps if I had a nice saddle I'd loop a cheap lock around the saddle rail and the top of the seat stays and just leave it there.

All sorted, just fitted it. Cheers.

Top Bottom