Nelson road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_4290.JPG Hi all, I recently purchased this nelson cycles road bike for £40 of a gentleman that has had it from new and rode it regularly, I collect vintage road bikes so I am knew to more modern bikes and I believe this bike to be early 2000's? I have been told that thas bike is worth quite a lot but I may be wrong. This bike has a full shimano 105 groupset, handbuilt by nelson mavic open rims with shimano 105 hubs, profile design stem, carbon forks, carbon seat post and a selle italia seat. If you know any information about this bike, it's value or the company please let me know, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4282.JPG
    IMG_4282.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4301.JPG
    IMG_4301.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4299.JPG
    IMG_4299.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4278.JPG
    IMG_4278.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4300.JPG
    IMG_4300.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4293.JPG
    IMG_4293.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4285.JPG
    IMG_4285.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4277.JPG
    IMG_4277.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 157

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Raleighrecord thats a nice looking bargain, not a name i have heard of looks likely to be shop branded frame rather than the actual maker imho

OP
OP
Raleighrecord

Raleighrecord

Regular
Thanks everyone for the reply, i have researched into the company and I have found out that the owner retired in 2007 however his son is still selling the frames under the nelson name but on a website called cyclebasket, the frame has a kinesis decal on it that contains an image of a man welding so I guess that this is the company who fabricated the frame.

OP
OP
Raleighrecord

Raleighrecord

Regular
Sorry, you are wrong. Although it does depend on what you mean by 'quite a lot'. It's a nice enough bike, but has no intrinsic value other than whatever someone wants to pay for it.
Thank you for the reply, I knew that the frame wasn't worth too much however the money was mostly in the bikes components.

OP
OP
Raleighrecord

Raleighrecord

Regular
@Raleighrecord thats a nice looking bargain, not a name i have heard of looks likely to be shop branded frame rather than the actual maker imho
I had never heard of them either I just saw the bike for sale and for £40 I decided to buy it as it seemed to be a good price for the bike. I have researched the company and they were based in Wales however the owner retired and his son is now selling of what I believe to be the remaining stock but I could be wrong about that.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I had never heard of them either I just saw the bike for sale and for £40 I decided to buy it as it seemed to be a good price for the bike. I have researched the company and they were based in Wales however the owner retired and his son is now selling of what I believe to be the remaining stock but I could be wrong about that.

Well worth £40 good find

Top Bottom