Never in Britain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just got back from 2 weeks in Crete and it was fantastic. The locals are so warm and friendly. Every time we ate out, we were offered a free drink and dessert. The weather was great , temperature between 30 and 35 every day. Britain is a beautiful country but is only good for week ends away. You can't rely on the weather, prices are exorbitant, and the people just business like. Many of you may disagree with me, but abroad is just so much better, with guaranteed sunshine and scenery to match anything over here.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Abroad covers quite a range of destinations.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just got back from 2 weeks in Crete and it was fantastic. The locals are so warm and friendly. Every time we ate out, we were offered a free drink and dessert. The weather was great , temperature between 30 and 35 every day. Britain is a beautiful country but is only good for week ends away. You can't rely on the weather, prices are exorbitant, and the people just business like. Many of you may disagree with me, but abroad is just so much better, with guaranteed sunshine and scenery to match anything over here.
Best you move then.:hello:

stephec

Legendary Member
I've had a few people tell me things are better abroad, some even say they're planning to move.

When they're asked why they still live in the UK they never have a good answer.

screenman

Legendary Member
Customer service is sometimes different in other countries, maybe some businesses over here could learn a bit.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
2 weeks is great , 2 Months is fantastic, 2 years and you swap one set of problems for the one's you left behind

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Best you move then.:hello:
I think you missed my point completely.

Lullabelle

Banana

When we were in Barcelona a couple of years ago, the restaurant waiter was so up himself and rude it was laughable.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

I've had a few people tell me things are better abroad, some even say they're planning to move.

When they're asked why they still live in the UK they never have a good answer.
You also miss my point. HOLIDAYS was my subject, not living in the UK.

Top Bottom