New bike arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hippy

Regular
At last having decided on a bike and ordering it, it finally arrived yesterday for when i got back in the eve.
Unfortunately I have put it together but had no time to take it out, so at the first opportunity I will be trying it out, not sure when that will be? but something to look forward to.

Attachments

• Ribble.JPG
    Ribble.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 125

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
How long did it take to come?

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Seems a shame to take it out and get it dirty.
At least with the longer days you will hopefully find the time to enjoy.:okay:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That's a lorra exposed seat post?

and what you have to remember is that there must be more inside the frame

OP
OP
H

Hippy

Regular
I have to tinker with it a little although its not far off. I am going to ask the question about seat post and size but this is according to size charts and measurements the correct size!

Cyclist33

If that seat is set at the right height then the frame is too small. :whistle:
Not necessarily... It would depend on the riders anatomy, flexibility and how they want to ride.

That post only looks to be about 20 cm out which is unlikely to be outside warrantied extent if the post length is 30 cm or longer.

Cyclist33

I have to tinker with it a little although its not far off. I am going to ask the question about seat post and size but this is according to size charts and measurements the correct size!

It may be the right size or it may not. Only you can really say. One of the risks of buying remotely without having a hands on look at models first.

OP
OP
H

Hippy

Regular
It may be the right size or it may not. Only you can really say. One of the risks of buying remotely without having a hands on look at models first.
The seat post is 350mm long and yes about 200mm exposed. I have yet to take it out to see how it feels but ribble said they would exchange if I was not happy.

Cyclist33

Normally 10 cm inserted or more is fine.

What size frame is it, and what's the head tube length?

It looks like a 54 or 56 cm frame, with a 16 cm head tube. If so, you have about the same seat height as me. It's not uncomfortable if, er, you don't find it uncomfortable.

I guess the posters here are just trying to be helpful to be fair.

Top Bottom