New bike, but what are these bits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silverfox885

image.jpg
Just received my Canyon Endurace and it came with these bits. The plastic housing I'm guessing is for re-inserting cables through the frame (might be wrong though), but the metal ring looks like a spacer from the rear cassette?

After just 11miles I got my first puncture (Conti GPS tyres) and broke four tyre levers getting it off, can anyone recommend a good set of levers? (or a better set of tyres!)

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
View attachment 53885 Just received my Canyon Endurace and it came with these bits. The plastic housing I'm guessing is for re-inserting cables through the frame (might be wrong though), but the metal ring looks like a spacer from the rear cogs? (sprockets)
sounds and looks feesable

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Doesn't the spacer come with 11 speed wheels so that a 10 speed cassette could be fitted to them? The Mavics on my Rose came with a similar spacer.

Brommyboy

Über Member
Before trying to take the tyre off, make sure that all the air is out, then go right around squeezing the tyre off the rim shoulders so that it drops into the well of the rim, and keep repeating this loosening when using the tyre levers. Start with the levers at the valve end so that more tyre can be put into the well at the opposite end. The levers should not be required to be forced unduly in lifting the cover over the rim. With a well used and stretched tyre, the cover can be rolled off opposite the valve without any levers if properly loosened as described. You should not need metal levers as they can damage an aluminium rim.

Top Bottom