New Boardman Commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DSC00152.jpg

Had it for a few weeks now and I've got to say it's a cracking ride for the money. Fancied something with discs and a bit nippier than the Alfine equipped MTB I've been using for the last year.

The only things I've changed (not pictured) are the grips, truly uncomfortable, but would have been changed anyway as I've put some bar-ends on and stuck my trusty Charge Spoon saddle to keep my backside happy. It will be getting full mudguards come autumn but the Race Blades will do for now.

A few hundred miles in and I'm finally getting used the higher gearing of the compact double compared to easy-street cruise control with the Alfine which was running on a 44 upfront and a 20 on the hub. The MTB has been single-speeded and I'm debating whether to sell the Alfine or not.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nice one Andy, cool bike! :becool:

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
Thanks 3BM, despite it being the base-model for the range, the white paint job definitely makes it the best looking.

Now if I could just find a couple of hours at the weekend to get in a cheeky 30 whilst the weather's good I can see how it holds up to a longer ride!

scotty110788

great bike :thumbsup: i added riser bars on mine for bit extra comfort, only problem i had was crank bearings (top bracket i think) bust, they said the standard ones cost 20 quid so i got some for 40, there on there way out :cursing:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
couple of guys at work have that one and it looks sweeet, i have the road comp in white and i have to double check its still there every time i go to whre it is stored for a quick look at its sleek lines...

Top Bottom