New Boardman CX Team 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i have one of these brill untill u need a new rear mech hanger, and they cant supply a spear!! i made one so am still on the road, the best halfords could do was give me a website to buy one from lmao

danger mouse

hi this might be of help dario...:thumbsup: http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/cx_team.html
i am really loving mine ^_^

Which Halfords did you get yours from? Were they OK?

I see they are on offer at Halfords but I have seen a Giant TCX at my LBS which is cheaper.

Not sure of the differnece in quality but Boardman spec is better.

I'm just a little unsure of Halfords rep for support and build knowledge etc?

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi danger mouse
got mine off here a cyclchater was selling it check with normanD he just got his and he is local to you (well close:laugh:) had mine since oct no probs with it at all...:thumbsup:

jamin100

Guru
My company has just started on the cycle2work scheme and im very tempted to replace my boardman hybrid with one of these....

Do I need to spend around £550 on a bike though .... Argh.

I soooo want this bike lol

Darren862

jamin100, you don't need to. But, if you want one.....

I told my wife that I really needed one of these bikes. She didn't believe me but I still bought it. ^_^ I love it!! I'm now getting out more because I'm enjoying the bike. :smile:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I've brought it :smile:
Not exactly sure on the cost yet but it should come to around £710 ish :smile:

Picking it up thursday. Can't wait
Welcome to the Boardman CX club

surreycyclist

The mudguards are the Chromoplastics P45. The rack is the Super Tourist DX. Not sure if it was disc specific or not.

Inspired by the wonderful look of your Boardman CX and the chat/ advice on this forum I went along and bought a Boardman CX with some SKS P45 guards to go with as my winter trainer.

Thanks to the pics you posted on here I was able to see how the P45s went on the frame. The instructions were useless no complete diagram or step by step easy installation.
Great guards though and ideal if youre going to keep the original tyres on the bike.

However...
I wanted to just point out that the way you have bent the stay actually negates a safety feature of the SKS P45 mudguard.
By bending the mudguard stay through the BB5 brake mount and not around means that should a large object get between the tyre and mudguard your stay mount will not disengage from the Secura clip and could cause you a lot of problems. Ie damage to guards, BB5 brakemount, wheel spokes and even injury to yourself.
I write this not to criticize just to help.
I did manage to bend the mudguard stay under the BB5 brake mount and still had enough length to trim at the top where it joins the mudguard proper.
I have tested the disengage Secura clip by pulling hard on the mudguard and can confirm it will release in the event of a jamming object.
I hope this helps someone. When I get home I will post a pic to show what I mean to help illustrate a bit better.

2old2care

Über Member
I occasionally meet a guy from our village commuting. He has one of these bikes, with SKS chromoplastic 45mm fitted so that he can fit 35mm Schwalbe marathon winter studded tyres underneath. I was curious because i wanted the same for my Genesis Croix de Fer. A little creative stay bending was all that is required I am told to get round the callipers. I then fitted the chromo's (38mm) to the CdeF no problem - just a gentle bend around the calliper and a bit of adjustment. I can even get the schwalbe tyres underneath the 38mm chromo's
Bought a Whyte Kings Cross and fitted 45mm guard's, just so I could fit 35mm Schwalbe marathon winter studded tyres for the ice and frost this winter just gone.:angel:

Top Bottom