England : Hampshire New Date! Night Ride Around The Coast 2015 (August 21)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
:smile:
Just nipped down to Gunwharf and back.
I ended up there as well for lunch after a family stroll along the front from Southsea.

It's not entirely OT as I ended up getting replacement cycling shoes from the Pearl Izumi outlet for a sensible price. I'd just discovered that my accident had cracked the sole of one of my shoes, something which might have trumped your spannered chain if it'd have gone wrong on the ride.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Recce take two tonight.....

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

That went rather better. Ferry was late due to earlier technical problems so didn't get over and rolling until 1.25. Bonchurch community toilets are open overnight, as were at least a couple of the ones further along the coast. Route down to the Needles is OK, only went as far as the park entrance. Chain ferry out of action so braved the motorway and Newport. Now refuelling in Ryde before another 30 miles or so....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Was there anyone sitting outside that cafe?

For the benefit of other readers, when Stu and I did the aborted recce we passed some people sitting outside a bar/cafe - looked like a lock out version of a lock in.

Unremarkable, except one of them shouted some random abuse at us.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Was there anyone sitting outside that cafe?

For the benefit of other readers, when Stu and I did the aborted recce we passed some people sitting outside a bar/cafe - looked like a lock out version of a lock in.

Unremarkable, except one of them shouted some random abuse at us.
Was as quiet as a Wight Mouse....

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Hi @StuAff . Do I need to send you an email or a pm to register an interest in this?
For anyone else reading this who didn't do it last year - this ride is a real treat.
Besides, you get the pleasure of seeing https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/462913727 on your Garmin data…

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

The Cowes chain ferry should be back in action from tomorrow. And in other news, Undercliff Drive should be reinstated by October, so something to look forward to for next year!
It's back today. And there was a replacement service for pedestrians yesterday...I could have avoided Newport and Ryde if only the press had actually reported that was going to be available!
Yup, splendid news about Undercliff Drive. Island Roads are not renowned for speed or quality of work.....they might just have got it done by spring!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Sorry Stu I'm going to have to pull out. My current work contract is somewhat demanding at the moment and week ends are our busiest times with stores going live after major IT refits :-(

Top Bottom