FNRttC New FNRttC Website...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today saw the launch of the new website: www.fnrttc.co.uk

Just what is the FNRttC?

The Friday Night Ride to the Coast -- the original social ride through the night to have breakfast at the seaside.

From the home page:

The Friday Night Ride to the Coast sets off at midnight and rides through the night at a conversational pace, arriving at the coast in time for breakfast. This is a group ride - we may spread out a little, but every few miles the front of the ride stops and waits for the tail to catch up.

We stop for coffee and a bite to eat about midway.

Our magnificent Tail End Charlies look after the slower riders and help with mechanicals and punctures. The Wayfinders stand at turns and junctions and point out the road ahead.

The FNRttC is run by The Fridays, a cycling club affiliated to the CTC.

Registration for rides is essential and third party insurance is required.

Interested? Keep an eye on the Rides Calendar, you'll be spoiled for choice.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This is possibly the 3rd or maybe even 2nd best news I've had today!

The two FNRttC I've been on have been brilliant fun.

Excellent stuff, thank you.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Keith - yes, we'll be doing the usual announcements here and elsewhere. And there's an email list to which we'll be sending updates.

er Brilliant though a night ride with The Fridays is, I'm unsure if it iis worth coming back from Jingjiang for ......

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There's something screwy happening on my mobile - the side menus are all at the top and all labelled as "home" - which isn't especially helpful. And on Android (and probably on iphone too, and soon on all sensible browsers on all OSs) the flickr slideshow doesn't work because it's programmed in flash.

(I know that not all of this is under your control, but it's worth doing some multi-platform testing. I wonder whether there's a serious IT geek out there who can build something so that you lot can focus on content?)

There's something screwy happening on my mobile - the side menus are all at the top and all labelled as "home" - which isn't especially helpful. And on Android (and probably on iphone too, and soon on all sensible browsers on all OSs) the flickr slideshow doesn't work because it's programmed in flash.

(I know that not all of this is under your control, but it's worth doing some multi-platform testing. I wonder whether there's a serious IT geek out there who can build something so that you lot can focus on content?)
Thanks, Stephen and Andrew. That's a Blogger-for-mobile thing. Unfortunately, using Blogger to set things up and putting a re-direct from the www.fnrttc.co.uk URL in place for now was the fastest way to get us up and running. Fortunately, hosting will move from Blogger to proper made-from-scratch website when I have time this winter. In the meantime, I'll see if the mobile view can be improved.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
One pedantic thing: "If you find that you must cancel your registration, please contact the ride leader no later than 12 noon the Wednesday before the ride"

I understand the reason for asking for good notice, but the very precise deadline is puzzling. What if I need to cancel but miss the deadline by a few minutes? Will some burly TECs track me down, kidnap me, and force me to do the ride?

Wobblers

Euthermic
What if I need to cancel but miss the deadline by a few minutes? Will some burly TECs track me down, kidnap me, and force me to do the ride?

Yes. HTH.

"Burly TECs"??? Who would that be, then? There aren't any, unless @ianrauk's been hitting the bacon butties. Well, okay, maybe davywalnuts, but he'll never turn up, so that's hardily scary, is it?

Top Bottom