FNRttC New FNRttC Website...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
@srw I was trying to say they would try to put the business on solid financial footing and as the main source is subscriptions would explain the increase.

I still think £24 is good value for what you get compared to full membership at £43 per year. Though @StuartG could become a full member for £28.50 by being an OAP and receive the magazine though I suspect he might have palpations over paying the extra money......

StuartG

slower but further
... by being an OAP ...
Apology and beers required. I'm not an OAP. You have to be a certain age to be an OAP but by being that age doesn't make you an OAP.

According to my latest spreadsheet you may be one before me :whistle:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
@srw I was trying to say they would try to put the business on solid financial footing and as the main source is subscriptions would explain the increase.

I still think £24 is good value for what you get compared to full membership at £43 per year. Though @StuartG could become a full member for £28.50 by being an OAP and receive the magazine though I suspect he might have palpations over paying the extra money......
Fair enough. I'm so used to people having a sentimental attachment to the "good old days" that it passes me by when someone applies a business logic.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Apology and beers required. I'm not an OAP. You have to be a certain age to be an OAP but by being that age doesn't make you an OAP.

According to my latest spreadsheet you may be one before me :whistle:
The P is probably not essential to get the discount!

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Hi I just paid my subs then realised the PayPal account is in my wife's name. Is there an appropriate way to contact an admin to save any confusion or to get the name changed. Apologies for the stupidity :whistle:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Just drop a note to fridaynightridetothecoast@gmail.com and we'll sort it out. :okay:

Have done this.

If you haven't spotted the BLOG feature on the website yet, it's on the right hand side bar, underneath the list of rides and tours but above the Rides Archive.

Any Fridays member who'd like to write a little something to go on the BLOG is most welcome - just drop an email to the usual address. :smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A couple of questions about the Shoreham by Sea ride.
How far is it?
What is the route of the final approach to S-b-S?

I ask because I'm pondering a route back. I don't normally like going back the way I came - which is why I'm interested in the final approach.

A couple of questions about the Shoreham by Sea ride.
How far is it?
What is the route of the final approach to S-b-S?

I ask because I'm pondering a route back. I don't normally like going back the way I came - which is why I'm interested in the final approach.

Well... as the ride is not yet open and a final reccie has not yet done... it's far too early to say.

Our modus operandi is to coordinate website update and "ride open" announcements by newsletter, new CC thread and social media all at once. As each ride is organised by a team of 2-3 people, no one can safely dole out bits of information piecemeal or rush various bits without being sure it works for everyone in the ride team. That said, we ideally aim to get all our ducks in a row to go live 3 weeks before each ride, if possible.

As has been said before, it may look swan-like on the surface but a lot of frantic paddling goes on below the surface. Please bear with us!

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Of course one option Andrew is to have your GPS recording the track as we ride on the night then simply reverse it (or at least the part you need) to exit Shoreham again?
Oh no, I couldn't do that! ;) It would mean going back the way I came. (I did that from Whitstable yesterday, and it felt just wrong)

I'll probably go back over Devils Dyke. Don't worry, I'm not pressing you for info. I just fancied a bit of Sunday afternoon route planning/daydreaming.

Top Bottom