New From: Spokane, WA - USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SnoryCewton

My name is Cory, I just started riding a road bike this last March. I took a month or so off after having a bad wreck and breaking my clavicle (the concussion was actually worse however) but was able to ride over 2,000 freedom units this year.

I live in the Inland Northwest area of the US. We're on the non-rainy side of Washington State. We experience amazing 4 season weather here. I've decided to focus on running during the shitty weathered months here (read: Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb) but am always thinking about riding. Luckily my wife started cycling at the same time as me, so it's been a fun activity for us to do together. I mostly ride back and forth to work but together my wife and I rode in a few LBS group rides and some of the fun local support group rides as well.

I have a Ghost Nivolet (Ghost is a German bike co.) that I enjoy. The only thing I dislike about the bike is the color, I'd prefer something in blue, green, yellow, anything but black. I've been able to lose about 32kg through my running and cycling. I hope to lose another 14kg too.

Seeya around,

Shaun

Founder
Welcome to CycleChat Cory. :hello:

Well done on the weight loss, and if you want to chat bikes pop over to this section of the forum:
https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/bikes-and-buying-advice-what-bike.39/

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Welcome Cory,

I have family in Tacoma WA and the scenery looks awesome.

We are lucky enough to have several members on the forum from the US and indeed many other countries around the world and we love it when you post pictures of the places you ride your bikes.

As you have probably noticed the site is not just about bikes and cycling but it is all about a bunch of cyclists enjoying the ride.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Welcome! Ray Lamontagne sang Jolene, (in a voice that, when he opens his mouth, his soul pours out).
Ray Lamontagne sang: said:
Cocaine flame in my bloodstream, sold my coat when I hit Spokane, bought myself a hard pack of cigarettes in the early morning rain...
Enjoy CC :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom