New guy with a new Cube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
Fantastic photos. Definitely not some crappy photo camera.

OP
OP
D

dele

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the kind replies :cheers:
Had a few rides on her now and the gears take a little getting used to! I appreciate the added comfort of not having to grin and grind it up hills etc, but I just hope I don't get too lazy with it. :tongue: I'll try to go no lower than my fixed gear ratio
Going fast is great fun though - Nice being able to spin at high speeds and actually accelerate :laugh:

Here's a pic of it with the handlebar fixed and the new saddle on:

8264792367_3152ee2f2e_b.jpg
bike by _dele, on Flickr

Not impressed with how the bar tape is stained after three rides, but I expected as much so have ordered red and black tape to see which suits better. Look forward to trying to change tape for the first time(!)

welcome but be warned dont take it out in the wet and cold as you know what happens to all those carbon bits !!!!

I don't actually! I plan to commute on it through the winter - fill me in if you don't mind :thumbsup:

Did you get a new camera with the bike , never seen so many detailed photos on here
Nice bike ,

Haha, I wish!
Nothing worse than an intro with no/rubbish photos is there, but perhaps I overdid it :smile:

Do you take pics as a profession by any chance

Wow, don't mind being mistaken for a pro :wub:
Nah, it's just as a hobby, initially got a camera to take pics of my car;

8265859598_09fbb8291f_b.jpg
IMG_0231c by _dele, on Flickr

But since that's kinda died down I've been trying my hand at other stuff. Anything that moves really. Much to the annoyance of everyone :laugh:

Which I guess brings me onto my next topic;

Clipless wooo!

8265859494_4b4fab39e5_b.jpg
shoe by _dele, on Flickr

8265859344_58fd9bffea_b.jpg
shoevert by _dele, on Flickr

They arrived earlier today. About time too, felt a fool riding clipless pedals with normal shoes :shy:

Was a task getting the cleats on this evening, got it wrong the first time and wondered why it wasn't clipping :ohmy:

Finally fixed it just now and am gonna practice getting in and out. Plan to ride in tomorrow so better get good quick!

Wish me luck!:B)

Dele

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
re comment on carbon bike bits and winter use its a bit of a regular comment old steel riders like me put on when we see carbon , so dont panic .

is it wise to show ones number plate in pic of car

OP
OP
D

dele

ah ok :rofl:
RE: the plate, I don't see how it can hurt(?) it's available to publicly view whenever you drive around or park on the street. Perhaps not, but it's too late now anyway :tongue:

kedab

Veteran
:welcome: - nice pics, nice bike...your car is very low, i'd get that checked out :unsure:

postman

Legendary Member
Great bike great shoes and great photos.Now one question how did Santa get it down the chimney and why have you had special treatment from him?

OP
OP
D

dele

Thank you :thumbsup:
In answer to your two-part question;
1. Slim Fast
2. ....er, not sure if the answer is safe on a family forum :tongue:

OP
OP
D

dele

Thank you :wub: , I have a Canon 600d and a 5dMkIII

I've changed the handle tape cos I couldn't stand the dirty white anymore. Plus I felt like black would be better. but I didn't want just plain black so I went for these bad boys;

8469658418_9bc60c4937_b.jpg
1684_1 by _dele, on Flickr

And on the bike;

8469659384_a2240fff30_b.jpg
IMG_7121 copy by _dele, on Flickr

Top Bottom