New here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dishy

Bought myself a specialized allez sport 3 months ago and been slowly going on rides but with 2 small children time is an issue. Got myself a tacz flow turbo trainer for my birthday so hopefully this will keep me fit and encourage more rides

Still having struggles with shoes being attached to pedals and having to push off something.. any tips appreciated

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Switch to grippy flat pedals unless you've some reason for wanting to clip in.

:welcome:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Bought myself a specialized allez sport 3 months ago and been slowly going on rides but with 2 small children time is an issue. Got myself a tacz flow turbo trainer for my birthday so hopefully this will keep me fit and encourage more rides

Still having struggles with shoes being attached to pedals and having to push off something.. any tips appreciated

What mjr said, start off with basic flat pedals then when your confidence and road skills grow try switching to clipless, not sure what you mean by "having to push off something".

mjr

Oh and pushing off something probably means they're clipping in while holding a lamppost or similar, then pushing off from it and pedalling away. Didn't you do that when starting with clips as a kid?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Oh and pushing off something probably means they're clipping in while holding a lamppost or similar, then pushing off from it and pedalling away. Didn't you do that when starting with clips as a kid?
Never had clips as a kid (apart from round the ear hole), my old mum could barely afford to feed us much less buy bikes.

mjr

Never had clips as a kid (apart from round the ear hole), my old mum could barely afford to feed us much less buy bikes.
Buy bikes? We mostly got passed them by friends or relatives that outgrew them although I think I might have been the first to ride one of the three speeds. Not sure who had it after. My dad welded his bike back together at least once! :laugh:

Top Bottom