New joiner - York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rick101

Hello,

Haven't been on here in quite a while, I think my old account must have been closed. Did start to get into cycling a few years ago but working away has taken it's toll on hobbies, glad to say I've had a change of job and hopefully a change of lifestyle.

So, I'm Rick, 35, from York. I have a single speed Boardman which I don't use any more but still worth more to me than it would sell for. I have a Norco VFR for commuting and a Merida Scultura for fun.

I now work just a touch over 3 miles from work and they have great facilities so promised myself I'd make cycling the rule rather than the exception. Got the bike serviced by John Hook at Cyclescene. Treated myself to a Cateye 700 light, a lightweight hi viz jacket and a set of mudguards. Had now fitted the 50/50 clipless/flats and usually go clipless each day. Only missed it once so far due to horrendous rain.

Have been going out on my own on free days once a week or so and trying to increase my leisure milage. Started with a 15-18 mile ride four or five times. Went out and pushed to 30, then 50 and finally this week the target of 62 miles. I'm not fast at avg 14mph but hopefully in time this will improve.

Now thinking I'm closer to finding a club/group to ride with. I did catch York's Wednesday Wheelers when I was last out so they might be an option. If anyone has other suggestions that would be good. I did try Clifton CC last time round but tbh even the beginner group was a bit more than I was up to.

Thanks

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome:

Top Bottom