New Media Gallery

Shaun

Founder
I've installed a new media gallery that integrates into the forum better and brings some new features: http://www.cyclechat.net/media/
  • Pictures and video can now be added to the gallery
  • Insert your gallery media items into your forum posts (using the camera icon)
  • You can tag members in media
  • You can tag yourself in media
  • Tag approval (by tagged member)
  • Rotate media
  • Crop media
  • Flip media
  • Set media as avatar
  • Set your own media display order
  • Re-order media in albums (drag and drop)
  • Change view permissions for albums (Everyone, Followers, Owner, Named selection)
  • Allow others to add media to your albums
  • Set own album thumbnail
  • Additional image file types; png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, tif, tiff
  • Media is now searchable
  • Albums and media totals / links shown in pop-out usercard
  • Media tab on user profile page shows your media
  • Global categories for everyone to add media into (not created yet)
  • Share media sidebar
  • EXIF media data
  • Watch media
  • Responsive design (media changes size to suit device)
There are some other minor features too, but this should offer a better experience than the previous gallery.

I have left the previous user albums gallery in place for a few days to give everyone a chance to check that their photos have been imported into the new gallery properly; and you might notice that some of your image titles have not copied across into the same place and the filename has been used - please feel free to edit these and update the title to something more appropriate / descriptive.

There is also a small issue that is a result of the original gallery import from January 2012, when we moved from our previous forum software; around 600 images have been ascribed to my user account (because I manually moved them over) which I'll need to reassign to the original owner. I'll do that over the coming weeks.

Have fun, and if you have any problems please post in the support forum for assistance.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom