new member from London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Hi,

new to this forum,well any cycling forum. after a 20ish year break :smile: am back in the saddle properly. used to be a bit of weekend riding in the last 20 years , but finally took the plunge in september and started commuting on the bike to work. suffice to say the 10year old 15 speed bike I had ( bought as a fad thing when i thought i should get a modern bike 10 years ago )didn't take too well to a hammering so when it creaked its last bought a Btwin rockrider 8.1 and haven't looked back. get out at the weekends now with the kids and am showing them a thing or 2 :smile:

will try and join in as much as i can. used to be very active cyclist in my teenage years. bike 2 miles eah way to school, then 40-40 miles per night after school for fun, 100 milers at the weekend.

still getting my head round indexed gears and on the bars !! nothing like the old levers on the downtube and "feeling" for the gear, so if anybody does need some old school advice i might be able to help.

it has also helped me lose some of the excess poundage that 20 years of driving everywhere puts on you. well its helped shift 2 stone so have only got anoher 2 stone to go to ideal weight ( not that silly weight the BMI charts tel me i should be!!)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Subaqua and welcome to CC :welcome:

Top Bottom