New member from Stalybridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thanks for the reply , used to go to a Clay Pigeon shoot in High Crompton ( set on a hillside ) about 30 odd yrs ago , spose its long gone ?

No High Cromptons still here ^_^

Hows Staleyvegas these days

Still living up to its name :cheers:

broomwagon

Looking on Google maps and I am struggling to see the old track , can you direct me to where I can get on it nr to Walls ?

Is it off Brookfold Lane ?

Thanks
That's the one.You get to it through the estate nearby, or push your bike up the slope next to the tunnel on Brookfold Lane.

OP
OP
Lurcher

Lurcher

Regular
No High Cromptons still here ^_^

Hows Staleyvegas these days

Still living up to its name :cheers:

Bit quieter I think , but I am not allowed in any on the bars ( too old ) ^_^ , son used to work the bars there for a couple of yrs but he always came home in one piece .

YahudaMoon

Über Member
The first brass band in the UK formed in Stalybridge.

I think they are called 'The Stalybridge Brass Band' ?

Some useless info for you :-/

Where is the bridge in Staly anyway ?

OP
OP
Lurcher

Lurcher

Regular
The first brass band in the UK formed in Stalybridge.

I think they are called 'The Stalybridge Brass Band' ?

Some useless info for you :-/

Where is the bridge in Staly anyway ?

3 or so in the centre , just follow the river as it enters Stalybridge at Stamford St/Corporation St :hello:

OP
OP
Lurcher

Lurcher

Regular
There's a nice flatish one near me on the old Godley railway track near the Walls factory, it takes you down to Gee X and then Haughton Green, eventually to Denton woods if you chose to go that way. It's a nice ride with one or two alternatives. If you're more adventurous, stick the bike in the car and drive out to the Monsal Trail just through Buxton. It takes you to Bakewell eventually. Wonderful countryside.

Hi ,
Got out today and did that track from Walls , went as far as the bridge which has a locked gate across at Apethorn Lane , was that as far as it goes ? , take it if I had turned right there it would take me down the road to wards the Canal ? .
Walked the bike back up Commercial brow and a bit of the footpath up Matley Lane past the Rising Moon , as it was 1pm when I set out it was hot and sweat was pouring in my eyes towards the end ,I didn"t have a water bottle ( arrived in post on return ) .
I tried out one of those Bike Eye mirrors that attach to the frame and give a view ( at top ped stroke ) along the frame inside your leg but it wasn "t for me .
Just over 10 miles from our house and return .

Thanks again

Julian

broomwagon

Well done fella, yep, if you'd have turned right you'd have ended up on the canal which takes you to Marple via Woodley tunnel, or drop down through the woods towards Haughton Green and get onto the Haughton Vale track towards Stockport road, Denton. I've got a map here about rides in the Tameside area if you'd like me to drop it off tomorrow? PM me your address

OP
OP
Lurcher

Lurcher

Regular
Well done fella, yep, if you'd have turned right you'd have ended up on the canal which takes you to Marple via Woodley tunnel, or drop down through the woods towards Haughton Green and get onto the Haughton Vale track towards Stockport road, Denton. I've got a map here about rides in the Tameside area if you'd like me to drop it off tomorrow? PM me your address

Thanks will do .

Julian

stevo

Hi ,
Just joined after a return to biking after 10 yrs , 60 yrs old and picked up a Trek Hybrid 8.2DS on Sat , just going to out with it shortly on a quiet country road to get used to the gears .
Wish I had kept all the bits/bats from 10 yrs ago glasses/mirror/shorts/stand/pump etc as its cost me a bit to replace them LOL .
Just looking to lose a bit of weight and enjoy local cycle paths/canal/Longdendale Trail etc .

hi Steve here from dukinfield.
been out of cycling for the last 12 months as had big knee op.
but just waiting for my new bike to arrive.
this site got me into cycling 2 years ago every one on ere are really helpful.
can not wait for my new diamondback outlook to arrive.
so if you want go out on an easy ride one weekend let me know.
as i have got to take it easy on my first ride after 12 months.
anyway you take care out there mate.

Top Bottom