New, sort of, to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DHA

Hi,

I used to ride a fair bit, MTB mainly but not serious off-road stuff. I then bought a road bike a few years back, but illness meant no riding for the best part of 2 years.

So here I am today, 3 rides in and struggling up hills with no cycling fitness what so-ever. But so far I am enjoying it, road bike has been the one I have used so far but I might venture out on the MTB as well. But I am very nervous of descending, not sure if being older has meant I am more concerned if I come off???

Great forum this for hints and tips

Cheers

Dave

Klaus

Hi,

I used to ride a fair bit, MTB mainly but not serious off-road stuff. I then bought a road bike a few years back, but illness meant no riding for the best part of 2 years.

So here I am today, 3 rides in and struggling up hills with no cycling fitness what so-ever. But so far I am enjoying it, road bike has been the one I have used so far but I might venture out on the MTB as well. But I am very nervous of descending, not sure if being older has meant I am more concerned if I come off???

Great forum this for hints and tips

Cheers

Dave

Only started regular riding this spring after 25+ yrs of driving cars (still do).
Only done just under 200 miles this year, slowly building up stamina and technique (I want to do touring some time).
On long hills I still need to stop at least twice. Descending can be scary, but it's fun over stretches with good visibility.
Anyway, enjoy the rides!

bauldbairn

Hello Dave and welcome to the Cycle Chat forums. :hello:

Good luck with your challenges - as others have said don't push for to much too soon and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom