new wheel advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

okeydokey79

hi everyone looking to upgrade my wheels on my forme(currently have mavic open sports) due to back wheel free hub worn and getting worse so been told be around £50 sort it. so using it as a excuse to get an upgrade. looking at buying the shimano rs11 at around £90(was going go for the r501 but manged get a little bit more money).my question is when the wheels turn up i gather they already come with rim tape and skewers, so apart from fitting my cassette off the old wheel 10sp is there anything else i need to do, would i need a spacer etc, sorry if it is a silly question but just want get it right. also realise i ve got to fit the inner tubes and tyres :-)
cheers for any advice
matt

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I believe you need a spacer for the cassette and thats about it , put on the other bits and insert wheel.You might need to slightly reindex the gears .
Gone for planet x rs 11`s? i am waiting for mine as well !

OP
OP
O

okeydokey79

I believe you need a spacer for the cassette and thats about it , put on the other bits and insert wheel.You might need to slightly reindex the gears .
Gone for planet x rs 11`s? i am waiting for mine as well !
Hopefully getting them if there is any left when I get paid. Where do I get the spacer from?

OP
OP
O

okeydokey79

I
cyberknight said:
Best check if the wheels come with one supplied if not any LBS should have some , i am not sure tbh.
I never used a spacer with the r501s so hopefully ....
I have sent them a message asking about whether I need a spacer. Cheers for ur replys. Just need decide if I go for the black or white wheels?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Comes with a spacer and skewers , LBS said no need for the spacer and mine fitted ok.
Rear wheel a bit out of true but cant be bothered to muck about with pliers and rag to hold spoke still while i tweak the spoke.
I thought whie might look cack after a while so went black and grey.

OP
OP
O

okeydokey79

Comes with a spacer and skewers , LBS said no need for the spacer and mine fitted ok.
Rear wheel a bit out of true but cant be bothered to muck about with pliers and rag to hold spoke still while i tweak the spoke.
I thought whie might look cack after a while so went black and grey.
Cheers again. Just hoping in stock only 6left in blk lots in white.had the same thought bout the white.

OP
OP
O

okeydokey79

just looked and out of stock at the moment, but have seen a set of fulcrum racing 7 c/w with tubes and tyres for £125 off wiggle so may need try get a bit more money :-)

OP
OP
O

okeydokey79

Yeah have seen them there as well, just like the look of the fulcrum. Payday Friday so will have to see, fulcrums bit lighter,just wonder are they worth £30 more but getting 2 new tyres shame they r red lol.

Top Bottom