New Year Night Ride to the Coast - 2nd January 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Really disappointed not being able to make this ride - or even the latter part of it.

FD: if you plan to use the B2139 Trout Lane south, take care of poor road surface on the first few inclines out of Barns Green - would advise primary.. And Stream Lane at West Chilt is atrocious. Extreme caution advised to avoid the potholes.

Have a great ride everyone.

Thanks - we will be swimming along Stream Lane..........

Attached is a GPX file of the route we'll be taking. It's been a long time since a FNRttC used the Dorking route which is a shame as although a bit longer than a normal route, the A24 dropping down into Dorking is really nice. Halfway stop will be Pease Pottage services, where Costa Coffee will be open, and they should have a selection of cakes as well. Breakfast is served from 8am at the Lobster Pot on the sea front.

Attachments

• Bognor_via_PP.gpx
    82 KB · Views: 87
U

User10571

Trout Lane always seems to have a couple of handfuls of comedy effect gravel just as you turn left into it from Two Mile Ash Road.
Touch ye the brake levers not.
Have a safe ride everyone.
With you in spirit.....

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Out, I'm afraid. I'm so sorry - it's more than likely I'm working on Saturday. Was looking forward to this one, but have a good and safe ride, one and all.
And the person who was due to count the ants and termites has called in sick.
No no no. Counting ants is far too complex a task for mere humans.
Didn't you know they station one fairly numerate ant with clipboard and pencil at the entrance to the formicarium, who then ticks them off and reports back when he's finished.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had a vague plan of riding to Brighton after breakfast, but the forecast looks likely to scupper that.

yeah, it looks like the first half of the ride is the part you'll wish you were doing, not the second half!

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
A safe ride to everyone! I chickened out of the Poor Student Audax planned for tomorrow but had completely forgotten about this ride, and had made other plans for tomorrow already.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On a strangely empty Friday night train. Normally there are groups of Friday night revellers but every one would appear to be all revelled out tonight.

Top Bottom