New Year's day 50 miler. Manchester to Holmfirth and back via Holme Moss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Kid? Believe it or not I am actually 35.:smile:
Still young enough to be Skol's son :laugh:

compo

Veteran
This ride will depart Manchester city centre at 10am on New Year’s day and head out through Ashton and Mossley before we cross the Saddleworth Moors and drop towards Holmfirth. At the 23½ mile mark there will be a stop at Compo’s Café for lunch. I haven’t eaten here but it does have a good reputation for fish and chips and they are open from 12-o-clock:hungry: .

If we leave Compo’s by 1.00 and arr at Costa in Glossop at 2.30 I reckon we will not be back in Manchester until 4pm at the earliest so lights will be essential, especially if the weather isn’t great. It may also be quite cold, particularly if waiting at the top of hills so please do dress appropriately

Thanks for the warning. I will put my prices up specially. Flippin' cafe full of cyclists with their cups of tea and slices of cakes. You get a full English or nowt!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unlikely for me I am afraid. I'll be on family party duties of some sort or another, and I'm not hopeful my undercarriage will be better anytime soon.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Never again? I would think mot!

Markymark13

Sounds great. It is similar to a route I have done before. Will join you if I can escape for the day, but unlikely due to the other half. Apparently cycling on the first day of the new year is not a good way to start 2013 off...

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
No way I can get out for the full day .....

But I'd quite like to meet up at Holmfirth, loop round to Glossop then make my way back to Holmfirth via the Isle of Sky.
Nice climbs, and it minimises the amount of time spent on the wrong side of the Pennines :smile:

Top Bottom